- Advanced search
Unless otherwise stated all data on this page refer to the human proteins. Gene information is provided for human (Hs), mouse (Mm) and rat (Rn).
The human gene encoding the QRFP receptor (QRFPR, also known as the peptide P518 receptor), previously designated as an orphan GPCR receptor was identified in 2001 by Lee et al. from a hypothalamus cDNA library . However, the reported cDNA (AF411117) is a chimera with bases 1-127 derived from chromosome 1 and bases 155-1368 derived from chromosome 4. When corrected, QRFPR (also referred to as SP9155 or AQ27) encodes a 431 amino acid protein that shares sequence similarities in the transmembrane spanning regions with other peptide receptors. These include neuropeptide FF2 (38%), neuropeptide Y2 (37%) and galanin GalR1 (35%) receptors.
1. Fukusumi S, Yoshida H, Fujii R, Maruyama M, Komatsu H, Habata Y, Shintani Y, Hinuma S, Fujino M. (2003) A new peptidic ligand and its receptor regulating adrenal function in rats. J. Biol. Chem., 278 (47): 46387-95. [PMID:12960173]
2. Jiang Y, Luo L, Gustafson EL, Yadav D, Laverty M, Murgolo N, Vassileva G, Zeng M, Laz TM, Behan J et al.. (2003) Identification and characterization of a novel RF-amide peptide ligand for orphan G-protein-coupled receptor SP9155. J. Biol. Chem., 278 (30): 27652-7. [PMID:12714592]
3. Kuc RE, Mitchell JD, Davenport AD. (2006) The novel ligand [125I]-QRFP43 reveals a remarkably discrete distribution of the orphan receptor GPR103 in human adrenal. Proceedings of the British Pharmacological Society, 4 (2): abst186.
4. Lee DK, Nguyen T, Lynch KR, Cheng R, Vanti WB, Arkhitko O, Lewis T, Evans JF, George SR, O'Dowd BF. (2001) Discovery and mapping of ten novel G protein-coupled receptor genes. Gene, 275: 83-91. [PMID:11574155]
5. Takayasu S, Sakurai T, Iwasaki S, Teranishi H, Yamanaka A, Williams SC, Iguchi H, Kawasawa YI, Ikeda Y, Sakakibara I et al.. (2006) A neuropeptide ligand of the G protein-coupled receptor GPR103 regulates feeding, behavioral arousal, and blood pressure in mice. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 103 (19): 7438-43. [PMID:16648250]
Database page citation:
Tom I. Bonner, Myrna Carlebur, Anthony P. Davenport, Stephen M. Foord, Janet J. Maguire. QRFP receptor. Accessed on 21/02/2017. IUPHAR/BPS Guide to PHARMACOLOGY, http://www.guidetopharmacology.org/GRAC/FamilyDisplayForward?familyId=54.
Concise Guide to PHARMACOLOGY citation:
Alexander SPH, Davenport AP, Kelly E, Marrion N, Peters JA, Benson HE, Faccenda E, Pawson AJ, Sharman JL, Southan C, Davies JA and CGTP Collaborators (2015) The Concise Guide to PHARMACOLOGY 2015/16: G protein-coupled receptors. Br J Pharmacol. 172: 5744-5869.